Shield Mutual is growing. We are looking for qualified, motivated and ideologically-compatible allies to join our ranks. Contact us if interested.
George Donnelly is the founder and Principal of Shield Mutual. He’s the lead responder for our customers. George is a transnational libertarian activist, author, nonviolence advocate, web developer, serial entrepreneur, blogger, videographer, unschooler and voluntaryist.
George graduated with honors in history from the University of Chicago. He has relevant work experience in sales, banking, teaching, information technology and public relations. George has lived in the US, Japan and Colombia. His native language is English and he also speaks Spanish fluently.
As an activist, George is known for videotaping US marshals, for his international campaign for dignity in US airports, for assisting friends and fellow activists in need and for his work on jury rights education. George writes, video blogs and podcasts at MoreLibertyNow.com.
During the course of his advocacy and leadership work, George has been featured or quoted in:
- What he’s doing “is like an act of terrorism.” – Whoopi Goldberg
- “One of the most energetic and principled activists for individual liberty I know.” – Kevin Carson (Center for a Stateless Society)
- “Put him on a watchlist.” – Joy Behar
- “A rare mix of principles, skills and drive.” – Jim Babb (We Won’t Fly)
- “Irresponsible.” – TSA administrator John Pistole
- “George is a national-level super-activist!” – Mark Edge (Free Talk Live)
- “I’d like to put my foot up his ass.” – anonymous US Marshal
- “Displayed tremendous leadership, innovation and diligence.” – Jim Lesczynski
- “Fuck you … you wont change anything.” – anonymous TSA agent
- “George’s enthusiasm and professionalism is infectious.” – Ernie Hancock (Freedom’s Phoenix)
- “If you get too close to me with that camera, I’ll take it out of your hand and ram it down your throat.” – anonymous Philadelphia federal court security officer
- “Everything I’ve heard him say in videos and on his blog about almost everything is rock solid.” – Michael W. Dean (Freedom Feens)
- “One of the best project managers I’ve worked with.” – William Pearson
- “Anti-authoritarian.” – Institute of Terrorism Research and Response (Pennsylvania homeland security bulletin)
- “I have seen George demonstrate courage and passion.” – Prof. Gary Chartier
- “I gotta give props especially to George Donnelly of Shield Mutual.” – Adam Kokesh, after release from federal prison in 2013
- “Shut up!” – Michael Bolinsky, Plymouth Township Pennsylvania police department.
- “On my short list of people who get things done.” – Tom Knapp (Center for a Stateless Society)
- CNN’s Most Intriguing People, Nov 24, 2010
- Golden Handcuffs FIJA award, PorcFest 2010.
- Sam Adams Alliance Irreverent Messenger Award with Jim Babb, Nov 30, 2010